One of the top attractions in the city of Chattanooga is the Chattanooga Market. Public markets are a community hub, and are a great place to discover the pulse of the city. Though there are several markets throughout the week, the main market is the Chattanooga Market, held each Sunday at the Tennessee First Pavilion. This market features a variety of specialty shops, eateries, local artisans, and regional food vendors, and also hosts a variety of spectacular events throughout their season. The Chattanooga Market has been named one of the top 10 public markets in the country, so it’s definitely worth visiting during your time in Chattanooga. Book your room at our Chattanooga Bed and Breakfast today, and enjoy these great upcoming events at the Chattanooga Market.
Top Chattanooga Market Events
The Chattanooga Market is undeniably the most popular market in the city, and is open every Sunday from April through November at the Tennessee First Pavilion. This public market is the region’s largest producer-only market, meaning that all 350+ of the vendors have to be directly involved in the production of food and goods. Here, you’ll find 50 regional farms that bring a beautiful variety of produce, meats and cheeses to the market. In total, these vendors represent over 5,000 acres of local farmland. The Chattanooga Market also houses over 130 artisans that share their unique crafts, arts, farm-fresh goods, and other locally made specialties. But the Chattanooga Market is more than it’s great vendors and shopping opportunities. Visitors to the market will also enjoy live entertainment and interesting weekly themes. Upcoming events throughout the month of June include the following:
- Come enjoy everything strawberry at the EPB Strawberry Festival at the Chattanooga Market. This year’s festival will be held on June 3, 2018. Also on this day, enjoy a live music performance by Jacob Johnson.
- Join Locals at the market on June 10, 2018 for the annual Ice Cream Social, a summer tradition in Chattanooga. One $6 ticket will earn you a variety of samples from local creameries, such as Clumpie’s Ice Cream, Cold Stone Creamery, Mayfield, Milk & Honey, and the Ice Cream Show.
- On Father’s Day, celebrate with Bacon, Blues, and Brews. There will be local blues music on the EPB stage, samples of local craft brews, and of course, bacon and plenty of other meats, cheese, and produce.
- There’s a new foodie event at the Chattanooga Market this year: The Team Tennessee Teen Cook-Off, which will take place on June 24, 2018.
- Kick-off Chattanooga’s 4th of July celebrations at the Chattanooga Market, with their annual Red, White, and Blueberries celebration on July 1, 2018. A signature event on this day is a blueberry pie-eating contest!
In a city with such a strong emphasis on eating fresh, seasonal goods, you can expect to find the same at the Chanticleer Inn Bed and Breakfast. We pride ourselves on starting your day off right, with a breakfast that will both satisfy and energize you. We are happy to cater to dietary restrictions whenever possible, so don’t hesitate to reach out to our Innkeepers prior to your stay. Book your room at our luxury Inn today.