As we bear down on Labor Day, and what for many is the last official weekend of summer celebrations, we can somewhat reluctantly welcome the start of fall. The hillsides above Chattanooga are already showing hints of their colorful autumnal hues, which means now is the perfect time to plan a getaway to our romantic Inn. As the air begins to cool, we’ll soon be surrounded by fall’s hallmark hues of crimson, orange, yellow, and green. You won’t have to go far to see the finest fall foliage the South has to offer, as Mother Nature unfolds her annual show of color starting in the north, and creeping further south throughout the season. We have a few great ideas to make this fall foliage season one you’ll never forget. But first, you need to book your room at our luxury Chattanooga Bed and Breakfast. Rooms will fill up fast during peak fall foliage season, so don’t wait!
Viewing the Best Fall Foliage in Chattanooga
Seeing peak fall foliage in Chattanooga can be a truly breathtaking experience. The peak season typically stretches from mid-September through late October, but can vary depending on the weather. The best way to get those panoramic fall views is to take a hike, but it’s certainly not your only option to enjoy the magic of fall. There are a full range of fall-themed activities to enjoy in Chattanooga, and we’ve highlighted a few of our favorites for you below.
- Walk through Rock City Gardens, then take in the incredible view from Sunset Rock on Lookout Mountain. It’s located just across the street from our Bed and Breakfast, and offers one of the most iconic overlooks in Chattanooga. From here, you can also enjoy a gorgeous fall hike on the extensive Lookout Mountain trail network.
- Bike or walk along the 13 mile Riverwalk, where you’ll enjoy many of Chattanooga’s most popular attractions.
- Walk through the scenic Bluff View Arts District. While there, make sure to visit the Hunter Museum of American Art, and stop in for a coffee at Rembrandt’s Coffee House.
- Take a cruise of the Tennessee River Gorge aboard the Southern Belle Riverboat or the River Gorge Explorer.
- Explore Chattanooga’s countryside by train with the Tennessee Valley Railroad
- Take a short one-mile roundtrip walk, and enjoy the legendary view from Cloudland Canyon State Park.
- Enjoy a scenic drive along the Pie-in-the-sky trail, one of the best ways to see the the peaks and valleys of beautiful Southeast Tennessee.
Fall Events in Chattanooga
The gorgeous colors aren’t the only reason to visit us this fall in Chattanooga. There are plenty of great events coming up too, and you’ll want to make sure you have reservations for these early!
- Weekly events at the Chattanooga Market, open through November 18, 2018
- 155th Anniversary of the Battle of Chickamauga
- Chattanooga Film Festival
- IRONMAN Chattanooga
- 3 Sisters Bluegrass Festival
- Chattanooga Art Tours
- Wine over Water
- Rock City’s Rocktoberfest
- 7 Bridges Marathon
We’ve already begun celebrating fall at the Chanticleer Inn, and there are delicious fall treats coming out of our kitchen as well. Beyond relishing the gorgeous hues of fall, there’s plenty to do in the Chattanooga area. Book your stay with us today, and start planning your fall getaway.