We’re well into the summer months in Chattanooga, and enjoying everything about it. With these warm, delightful months, there’s nothing we love more than the opportunity to sit outside for some al fresco dining. Whether sipping wine and enjoy delicious bites on a patio overlooking the Tennessee River or enjoying an enchanting evening outdoors in the scenic River Valley, outdoor dining is truly one of the simplest pleasures in life. Come stay with us on Lookout Mountain this summer, enjoy every last drop of sunshine in Chattanooga this summer.
Chattanooga’s Best Outdoor Dining
When it comes to outdoor dining in Chattanooga, there’s plenty to choose from. With so much water in the Chattanooga area, waterfront dining isn’t as difficult as you might think, and it certainly makes for a pleasant evening. There’s also a number of places around town with exceptional patios and delicious food that are just as worthy. Keep reading to see a few of our favorite al fresco dining locations around town. Reservations are always a good idea, especially during these busy summer months.
Chattanooga Waterfront Dining
- The Boathouse Rotisserie & Raw Bar. This restaurant is conveniently located downtown just off the Tennessee Riverwalk, and offers extraordinary views of the Tennessee River from their wrap-around porch. Their menu includes southern favorites like po’boys and wood-fire-grilled okra, but it’s best known for its oysters.
- Lakeshore Grill. Traditional American food like seafood and steaks are served up on their beautiful waterfront patio. Since it’s connected to the Lakeshore Marina, diners have even be known to pull up in their boat after a fun day on the water, and walk to the restaurant.
- Riverside Catfish House. This Chattanooga gem serves up old-fashioned fried fish right on the Tennessee River. Most come for the cornmeal-battered fried fingerlings, and the coconut cake. If you’re feeling particularly adventurous, try their fried frog legs.
Al Fresco Patios in Chattanooga
- Public House. For an incredible meal of southern classics and comfort food, this place can’t be beat. Add to it the ambience of their outdoor dining, and this is a fantastic dinner location.
- The Flying Squirrel Bar. For an excellent array of locally-sourced small plates and fantastic drinks, this place can’t be beat. Add their small al fresco patio, and you have the perfect summer afternoon.
- Terminal Brew House. Here, you’ll find great food and incredible beer! Their rooftop patio/beer garden is more than worth the visit!
- Sugar’s Ribs. Eat some of the best BBQ in Chattanooga, while soaking up the last rays of the summer sun.
- Terra Nostra Tapas & Wine Bar. This is a great place to grab small bites and sip wine on an early afternoon, or an intimate romantic date night.
- Cafe on the Corner. You don’t have to travel too far from our Inn for this gem on Lookout Mountain. Their incredible southern food and outdoor fireplace & Patio are worth every second.
Chattanooga’s food scene is truly scrumptious, and outdoor dining just adds to the incredible experience you’re bound to have here. Book your stay at our luxury Bed and Breakfast, and come experience the best days of summer with us in Chattanooga.