Chattanooga has twice been named the “Best Town Ever” by Outside Magazine, and was recently listed as one of the “Top 45 Places to Go in the World” by the New York Times. What is it that makes Chattanooga a top travel destination? A better question seems to be to ask “Why not Chattanooga?” If you haven’t yet been to this ruggedly beautiful town, brimming with southern charm, you’re truly missing out. Here, you’ll find a thriving arts community, spectacular shopping, a hip food scene, and an incredible range of outdoor recreation that is hard to beat. No matter how you spend your time, a few days in Chattanooga will be time well spent. To make your stay even more memorable, our luxury Inn on Lookout Mountain near Chattanooga is unbeatable. No where else will you find our special blend of luxury amenities, comfortable accommodations, and welcoming hospitality. Book your room at our Chattanooga Bed and Breakfast, and come explore Chattanooga with us.
A Hot Travel Destination
Aptly nicknamed The Scenic City, Chattanooga is one of the most breathtaking cities in the country. It’s scenic beauty, tucked between the mountains of Southeast Tennessee and the shores of the Tennessee River, is one of it’s most appealing attractions. There’s more to this incredible destination, though. To make Chattanooga even more appealing is the fact that it’s considered one of the most affordable vacation destinations in the country. Here are just a few of our favorite ways to spend your time in Chattanooga:
- Take a River Cruise on the Tennessee River aboard the River Gorge Explorer.
- Explore Chattanooga’s beer scene aboard the Chattanooga Brew Choo Tour, or the Pedals and Pints Tour.
- Explore the best of Chattanooga’s hip food scene, with the Eat, Sip, and Walk Tour.
- Stop in to the Tennessee Stillhouse micro-distillery and tasting room, for an experience steeped in the history and lore of Tennessee’s whiskey tradition, or visit the Jack Daniels Distillery, the oldest registered distillery in the U.S.
- Explore Lookout Mountain, home to several of Chattanooga’s top attractions. Here, you’ll find Rock City Gardens, Ruby Falls, the Incline Railway, The Battles for Chattanooga Electric Map & Museum, and so much more.
- Browse the latest exhibits at the Hunter Museum of American Art. Afterwards, walk through the adjoining Bluff View Arts District, one of the most spectacular neighborhoods in Chattanooga.
- For something a little different, enjoy a night at the Buttonwillow Civil War Dinner Theater.
- Visit the Chickamauga & Chattanooga National Military Park.
- Go Underground, into Cumberland Caverns, Tennessee’s largest public cave.
- Stop in to see The Passage, which marks the beginning of the historic Trail of Tears.
This is just a glimpse of what awaits you in Chattanooga. Book a room at our luxury Bed and Breakfast just outside of Chattanooga, and come explore the South’s top travel destination for yourself.