We’ve fully embraced fall in Chattanooga, and are looking forward to a busy yet relaxed season at the Chanticleer Inn Bed and Breakfast. Now is a great time to plan for a romantic and relaxing fall getaway to the scenic city of Chattanooga. Chattanooga is known as a rugged city, perfect for a variety of outdoor enthusiasts. Moreover, Chattanooga also has an extraordinary arts scene, a food scene fit for any foodie, incredible shopping, and plenty of fun attractions for people and families of all ages and interests. For a truly unique way to experience the breathtaking beauty of Chattanooga this fall, we recommend taking one of the train rides on the Tennessee Valley Railroad. Book your room at our luxurious Bed and Breakfast near Chattanooga, and start planning your fall getaway today.
All Aboard the Train This Fall
Hop aboard the Tennessee Valley Railroad, and you’ll be transported to a different place in time. The Tennessee Valley Railroad is a moving museum, and is the only regularly scheduled, full size train in Tennessee. Riding the rails was once considered a romantic means of transport, long before cars and fast airplanes came into existence. As you travel along the railway, imagine yourself set in yesteryear, and enjoy an adventure like no other in Chattanooga. The Train runs from March through November, and offers a variety of different rides. They include:
- Hiwasee Loop is a 50-mile round trip up the beautiful lower Hiwassee River gorge. It takes approximately 3.5 hours. Along the way you’ll see where the tracks cross over themselves as they corkscrew up the mountain near Farner, Tennessee.
- The Copperhill Special starts up on Saturdays in April, and offers guests an extended day trip through the lower Hiwassee River Gorge, over the Hiwassee Loop, and on to the joint cities of Copperhill, TN, and McCaysville, GA. Along the 94 mile journey, you’ll enjoy traversing the river gorge, negotiating the spiral near Farner, and relaxing on a 90 minute layover for lunch.
- Take a 6.25 hour trip to Chickamauga, which includes a half-hour layover at Wilder Tower Monument in Chickamauga-Chattanooga National Military Park. This trip is perfect for Civil War buffs.
- Ride aboard a vintage train along a historic route from Grand Junction Station in Chattanooga to Summerville, Georgia. This ride is beautiful at any time of year, but is particularly stunning during fall foliage season.
- Ride the Dinner Train! The trips include a three-course dining experience usually on board a restored 1924 dining car. It’s one of the most delicious and unique dining adventures in Chattanooga.
There are also seasonal trains and experiences offered throughout the season. No matter which journey you take, nor how many times you do it, the journey aboard the Tennessee Valley Railroad will be a lifelong memory. Book your room at our luxury Bed and Breakfast in Chattanooga, and start planning for your ride back in time.