Chattanooga has twice been named the “Best Town Ever” by Outside Magazine. Add to that honor being recently listed as one of the “Top 45 Places to Go in the World” by the New York Times, and now one of the top 10 destinations for 2018 by Lonely Planet. Those are three major accolades for the city nicknamed The Scenic City. We find ourselves asking the question “What is it, exactly, that makes this a top travel destination?” Well, there’s really only one way to find out. If you haven’t yet been to this ruggedly beautiful town brimming with southern charm, now is definitely the time to plan. Chattanooga has a little bit of everything for everyone. It’s home to a thriving arts community, spectacular shopping, a hip food scene, and an incredible range of outdoor recreation. All together, Chattanooga is a destination designed to please. Book your room at our Chattanooga Bed and Breakfast, and come explore this incredible city with us this fall.
A Fall Getaway in Chattanooga
Aptly nicknamed The Scenic City, Chattanooga is one of the most breathtaking cities in the country. It’s scenic beauty, tucked between the mountains of Southeast Tennessee and the shores of the Tennessee River, is one of it’s most appealing attractions. There’s more, though. The Scenic City is also home to some world-class attractions. It’s also one of the most affordable vacation destinations in the country. Here are just a few ways you can come explore this exciting city with us this fall:
- There are so many wonderful hiking trails, mountain biking trails, rock climbing routes, and water trails to explore in the local area, whether you want a simple and relaxing stroll through nature, or something a bit more challenging.
- Explore Chattanooga’s Northshore District, one of the most popular foodie and shopping destinations in the city. If you’re short on time, try the Eat, Sip, Walk Tour on the south side.
- Explore Lookout Mountain, home to several of the region’s top attractions. Here, you’ll find Rock City Gardens, Ruby Falls, the Incline Railway, the Battles for Chattanooga Electric Map & Museum, and so much more.
- Browse the latest exhibits at the Hunter Museum of American Art. Afterwards, walk through the adjoining Bluff View Arts District, one of the most beautiful neighborhoods in the city.
- Take a deep dive in Chattanooga’s extensive Civil War History, including the Battle Above the Clouds on Lookout Mountain.
- Take a scenic cruise down the Tennessee River, aboard the Southern Belle Riverboat
- Stop in to the Tennessee Stillhouse micro-distillery and tasting room, for an experience steeped in the history and lore of Tennessee’s whiskey tradition, or visit the Jack Daniels Distillery, the oldest registered distillery in the U.S.
- For something a little different, enjoy a night at the Buttonwillow Civil War Dinner Theater. The Tivoli Theatre is a great alternative if you’re looking for something more traditional.
This is just a glimpse of what awaits you in Chattanooga.There’s a world of outdoor adventure, amazing restaurants, live events, art and world-class attractions waiting for you here. So, go ahead and plan your vacation today. Book a room at our luxury Bed and Breakfast just outside of Chattanooga, and come explore the South’s top travel destination for yourself.