One of the most commonly asked questions of any Innkeeper is “Where is the best place to eat?” One of the best parts about traveling to someplace new is experiencing the local culture, and one of the best ways to do this is to dine where locals dine. Luckily, Chattanooga is home to an exquisite array of restaurants, where you can find a range of local delicacies, from fried chicken and barbeque, to fine dining both indoors and out. When you stay at the Chanticleer Inn Bed and Breakfast, we’ll help you make plans to visit the best restaurants Chattanooga has to offer. Book your room at our luxury Bed and Breakfast today.
Best Chattanooga Restaurants
The local food movement is thriving in downtown Chattanooga restaurants. There is no better way to experience the culture of a particular city than to eat locally, and Chattanooga is the perfect place to do just that. What follows is a list of just some of the top restaurants in Chattanooga:
- Daniel Lindley’s Alleia, as well as its sister restaurants, St. John’s and The Meeting Place, all serve ingredients as fresh and locally-sourced as possible, and are extremely popular.
- At the Easy Bistro and Bar, you’ll find a variety of classics as well as daily features made with ingredients raised and grown at local farms, as well as an authentic Raw Bar highlighting glorious raw seafood served on platters of ice. The bar is also well-known for its thoughtfully crafted cocktails and carefully selected wine list, making it a must for any couple visiting Chattanooga.
- Tupelo Honey, located in Chattanooga’s restored Warehouse Row, offers an extraordinary array of Southern classics.
- Enjoy farm-fresh ingredients and thoughtfully created dishes at Feed Table & Tavern, located on Chattanooga’s thriving Southside.
- Champy’s Chicken, with its mouth watering fried chicken made daily from scratch, is a must-stop food destination in Chattanooga.
- Sunday Suppers at The Public House, with their spectacular egg dishes and pitchers of tangy bloody marys can’t be beat.
- Urban Stack offers some of the best and most inventive burgers in all of Chattanooga, as well as exceptionally well-crafted cocktails.
Chattanooga’s Best Outdoor Dining
Since we’re coming up on the summer season, it’s a good time to talk about the best restaurants that have outside dining. With the warm, delightful summer months ahead, there’s nothing we love more than the opportunity to sit outside for some al fresco dining. Whether sipping wine and enjoy delicious bites on a patio overlooking the Tennessee River, or enjoying an enchanting evening outdoors in the scenic River Valley, outdoor dining is truly one of the simplest pleasures in life. Here are a few places to try during your next stay in Chattanooga:
- The Boathouse Rotisserie & Raw Bar. This restaurant is conveniently located downtown just off the Tennessee Riverwalk, and offers extraordinary views of the Tennessee River from their wrap-around porch. Their menu includes southern favorites like po’boys and wood-fire-grilled okra, but it’s best known for its oysters.
- Lakeshore Grill. Traditional American food like seafood and steaks are served up on their beautiful waterfront patio. Since it’s connected to the Lakeshore Marina, diners have even be known to pull up in their boat after a fun day on the water, and walk to the restaurant.
- Riverside Catfish House. This Chattanooga gem serves up old-fashioned fried fish right on the Tennessee River. Most come for the cornmeal-battered fried fingerlings, and the coconut cake. If you’re feeling particularly adventurous, try their fried frog legs.
- Public House. For an incredible meal of southern classics and comfort food, this place can’t be beat. Add to it the ambience of their outdoor dining, and this is a fantastic dinner location.
- The Flying Squirrel Bar. For an excellent array of locally-sourced small plates and fantastic drinks, this place can’t be beat. Add their small al fresco patio, and you have the perfect summer afternoon.
- Terminal Brew House. Here, you’ll find great food and incredible beer! Their rooftop patio/beer garden is more than worth the visit!
- Sugar’s Ribs. Eat some of the best BBQ in Chattanooga, while soaking up the last rays of the summer sun.
- Terra Nostra Tapas & Wine Bar. This is a great place to grab small bites and sip wine on an early afternoon, or an intimate romantic date night.
- Cafe on the Corner. You don’t have to travel too far from our Inn for this gem on Lookout Mountain. Their incredible southern food and outdoor fireplace & Patio are worth every second.
No matter where you end up, the delectable tastes of Chattanooga will leave a lasting impression. Book your stay at our Chattanooga Bed and Breakfast today.