Chattanooga has twice been named the “Best Town Ever” by Outside Magazine. Add to that honor being recently listed as one of the “Top 45 Places to Go in the World” by the New York Times, and now one of the top 10 destinations for 2018 by Lonely Planet. Those are three major accolades for the Scenic City in recent years, but what is it, exactly, that makes this a top travel destination? Well, there’s really only one way to find out. If you haven’t yet been to this ruggedly beautiful town brimming with southern charm, now is definitely the time. Here, you’ll find a thriving arts community, spectacular shopping, a hip food scene, and an incredible range of outdoor recreation. All together, Chattanooga is a destination that is hard to beat. Book your room at our Chattanooga Bed and Breakfast, and come explore this incredible city with us.
Visiting Chattanooga in 2018
Aptly nicknamed The Scenic City, Chattanooga is one of the most breathtaking cities in the country. It’s scenic beauty, tucked between the mountains of Southeast Tennessee and the shores of the Tennessee River, is one of it’s most appealing attractions. There’s more, though. The Scenic City is also home to some world-class attractions, and the best outdoor sports in the country. Not to mention, it’s also one of the most affordable vacation destinations in the country. Get ready to pack your itinerary full with these top suggestions:
- Get outdoors. There are so many wonderful hiking trails, mountain biking trails, rock climbing routes, and water trails to explore in the local area.
- Explore the best of Chattanooga’s hip food scene. The Northshore District is one of the most popular foodie destinations in the city, and the Eat, Sip, Walk Tour through the south side is great as well.
- Explore Lookout Mountain, home to several of the region’s top attractions. Here, you’ll find Rock City Gardens, Ruby Falls, the Incline Railway, The Battles for Chattanooga Electric Map & Museum, and so much more.
- Browse the latest exhibits at the Hunter Museum of American Art. Afterwards, walk through the adjoining Bluff View Arts District, one of the most beautiful neighborhoods in the city.
- Go Underground, into Cumberland Caverns, Tennessee’s largest public cave.
- Take a deep dive in Chattanooga’s extensive Civil War History, including the Battle Above the Clouds on Lookout Mountain.
- Learn about Chattanooga’s music scene at Songbirds Museum, then head to one of the many live music venues around town.
This is just a glimpse of what awaits you in Chattanooga.There’s a world of outdoor adventure, amazing restaurants, live events, art and world-class attractions waiting for you here. So, go ahead and plan your vacation today. Book a room at our luxury Bed and Breakfast just outside of Chattanooga, and come explore the South’s top travel destination for yourself.