The final days of summer are, somewhat sadly, upon us. There’s still plenty of time to plan a last-minute getaway to the incredible city of Chattanooga, though, and there are some adventures and activities you won’t want to miss. Our luxury Bed and Breakfast, located at the top of Lookout Mountain and across the street from Chattanooga’s famous Rock City Gardens, is the best choice for lodging. From here, you can not only enjoy Lookout Mountain’s top attractions, but also relish in the panoramic views over the Chattanooga Valley below. At the Chanticleer Inn Bed and Breakfast, we take immense pride in our hospitality, and will do everything it takes to make sure you have the adventures of a lifetime. Book your getaway with us this summer. You won’t regret it!
The Top Adventures in Chattanooga
If you’re at all familiar with Chattanooga, you’ll know that it’s ranked as one of the top travel destinations in the South, and it has been voted as one of the top outdoor destinations in the entire country. From outdoors to dining and the arts, Chattanooga has something for everyone. Plan a getaway with us this summer, and enjoy these 10 unique ideas to spice up your adventures in Chattanooga:
- Summer nights in Chattanooga are often filled with music. Take your love of music one step farther, and visit the Songbirds Guitar Museum, which features an incredible collection of rare, vintage guitars.
- You can’t go wrong with a visit to the awe-inspiring Tennessee Aquarium. Here, you’ll find more than pretty fish. You’ll also enjoy glimpses of penguins. otters, turtles, and even lemurs in their Lemur Forest.
- Head just across the street and search for the famous gnomes along the garden trails at Rock City Gardens. While you’re on Lookout Mountain, you should also visit Ruby Falls and the Incline Railway.
- The view of Chattanooga from the Tennessee River can’t be beat. Cruise along the river with the elegant Southern Belle Riverboat, or head even deeper into the Tennessee Gorge on the River Gorge Explorer.
- You could nothing else in Chattanooga but eat, and you’d be satisfied. Chattanooga’s foodie scene is amazing. Restaurants that should be at the top of any foodie’s list include: Easy Bistro, St. John’s, The Meeting Place, Alleia, Flying Squirrel, Clyde’s, FEED & Co., STIR. and the Chattanooga Whiskey Experimental Distillery. The Eat, Sip, & Walk Tours of Chattanooga are also a fun food-focused adventure.
- Take to the skies of Chattanooga in an incredible adventure you’ll never forget. Adrenaline junkies should try soaring 2,000 feet in the air from Lookout Mountain Hang Gliding Park.
- Cool off on the river, and get the thrill of a lifetime. Ocoee River is the best whitewater rafting destination near Chattanooga, and features up to Class IV rapids
- Laughter is the best medicine, and we can’t think of a better way to enjoy a memorable vacation than at The Comedy Catch.
- Getting physical in Chattanooga is a way of life. We’ve been hosting the Ironman competition for years. On September 9-10, 2017, the Ironman 70.3 World Championships will be in Chattanooga, and on September 24, 2017 is the Ironman Chattanooga.
- Step back in time through Chattanooga’s storied past. Enjoy a scenic ride in a vintage train car at the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum, or be transported back to the 19th century at the Buttonwillow Civil War Dinner Theater. Civil War history buffs will also want to visit the nation’s oldest and largest military park, Chickamauga-Chattanooga National Military Park.
And that is just the beginning. Give yourself plenty of time in Chattanooga; you’re going to need it. Book your room at our luxury Bed and Breakfast in Chattanooga this summer, and get ready for the adventure of a lifetime.