Get in touch with Rock City’s German Heritage during the 5th annual Rocktoberfest!
Rock City Square will be transformed for a celebration of harvests and fall foliage. This premiere Fall Celebration includes live German Music, Polka Lessons, German Food, Specialty Beer, Costume Characters and Fun for the whole family. Join the fun at Rock City as we celebrate our German heritage and honor our founder Frieda Utermoehlen Carter!
Stroll along the Buddenstrasse, sing Oompah Karaoke, German Food and Beer, specialty souvenirs, photo opportunities, Live Music, Polka Lessons, and more await you at Rocktoberfest. Event activities include:
- The Buddenstrasse (Avenue of the Booths) will be located at Lovers Leap and will include Artisan Vendors, Pumpkin Painting, Fairyland Forest Makeovers and more
- Big River Beer Garden
- German Food including grilled bratwurst, homemade sauerkraut, & roasted potatoes
- Oompah Karaoke on the Critter Classroom Stage
- Atlanta Puppets will perform their custom Bavarian Puppet Show on the Lovers Leap stage throughout the weekend 10/16 & 10/17
- Special Souvenirs including novelty hats: chicken hats for the chicken dance and green Biarritz German hats. Also souvenir beer mugs that include a free first beer and discounted re-fills. Also, purchase one of the all-new pink Rock City Survivor Birdhouses with proceeds benefiting Scenic City Survivors.
- Polka Dance Lessons – Daily, 12:00pm and 1:30pm
- Live Bands with audience participation for the “Chicken Dance” and other favorites (see performance schedule below)
- Costumed characters available for photos
- German and Harvest Themed Themed photo opportunities
- Kids Activities including: Interactive Kids Activities (balloons, storytelling, etc) will occur on the Lovers Leap stage, plus Fairyland Forest Makeovers*, Pumpking Painting*, Panning for Gems* and the Rock Climbing Wall*
Chanticleer Inn Bed & Breakfast still has some limited rooms available for these dates, Book now.